EPA ID Numbers


Regardless of size, an EPA ID number is necessary for all hazardous waste generators participating in consolidated manifesting, except for generators of less than 100 kg/month of “silver-only” hazardous wastes.

See DTSC Consolidated Transporters and Consolidated Manifesting fact sheets at  www.dtsc.ca.gov

California Permanent ID Numbers
Businesses that generate waste on an ongoing basis must have a permanent ID number. To get a permanent ID number, you need to complete the required application,  DTSC Form 1358. There is no fee to obtain a permanent ID number. Permanent ID numbers cannot be obtained by phone.

California Temporary ID Numbers
Temporary ID numbers (90-day numbers) are issued to people or businesses that do not routinely generate hazardous waste. Click the link above to apply online. http://hwts.dtsc.ca.gov/GetEPAID_index.cfm 

You may obtain detailed information about EPA-ID numbers and legal citations (California Code of Regulations and Health and Safety Code) by going to DTSC’s California Identification (EPA-ID) Numbers webpage. Information on existing EPA-ID numbers is available at DTSC's Hazardous Waste Tracking System (HWTS). Click on Reports and then click on the report titled Search for a Company.