California Environmental Reporting System
Since 2013, all businesses in the County of San Diego with a unified program facility permit (UPFP) are required by law to maintain their permit electronically by creating an account in the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS) and submitting their business information electronically.
This includes businesses that:
- Handle or store Hazardous Materials in Hazardous Material Business Plan (HMBP) reportable amounts
- Are part of the California Accidental Release Prevention Program (CalARP)
- Generate or treat Hazardous Waste in any amount
- Generate or treat Medical Waste in any amount
- Are subject to the Aboveground Petroleum Storage Act (APSA)
- Own or operate Underground Storage Tanks (UST)
IMPORTANT - Changes in the law might affect your facility and hazardous materials reporting. Click this link for more information.
|Getting Started: New CERS Application!|
Please refer to our User Permissions Guidance Document to learn more about permission levels.
|What needs to be submitted in CERS|
Your CERS account will tell you which documents to upload based on your business activities and permit requirements. Many of our forms are no longer accepted in paper format. Please view our HMD Forms page for a list of required forms, templates, and submission requirement information.