California Environmental Reporting System
Since 2013, all businesses in the County of San Diego with a unified program facility permit (UPFP) are required by law to maintain their permit electronically by creating an account in the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS) and submitting their business information electronically.
This includes businesses that:
- Handle or store Hazardous Materials
- Are part of the California Accidental Release Prevention Program
- Generate or treat Hazardous Wastes
- Generate or treat Medical Waste
- Store at least 1,320 gallons of Aboveground Petroleum
- Own or operate Underground Storage Tanks
IMPORTANT - Changes in the law might affect your facility and hazardous materials reporting. Click this link for more information.
|Getting Started: New CERS Application!|
Please refer to our User Permissions Guidance Document to learn more about permission levels.
|What needs to be submitted in CERS|
Your CERS account will tell you which documents to upload based on your business activities and permit requirements. Many of our forms are no longer accepted in paper format. Please view our HMD Forms page for a list of required forms, templates, and submission requirement information.