DEH Operations during COVID-19
To protect the health and safety of customers and staff and to slow the transmission of COVID-19, the Department of Environmental Health (DEH) will serve you through virtual business processes. Until further notice our public lobby spaces are closed. To ensure our customer’s needs are being met, DEH operates Customer Service Phone lines Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.and continues to provide services via customer drop off and online services.
For up to date information about COVID-19, including resource documents such as frequently asked questions, informational posters, and guidance, please visit www.coronavirus-sd.com.
For more specific guidance and FAQs visit:
- Food & Housing Division - COVID-19 Information & Resources for Businesses
- Hazardous Materials Division - Frequently Asked Questions during COVID-19
- Vector Control Program - public services during COVID-19 continue including vector monitoring, testing, and mosquito control; with public education and outreach via online resources
DEH is available to serve you via:
- Citizen Access is a website with online services to search records, pay for existing permit (record) and re-inspection fees, and apply for permits on-line.
Online For online payments, click Citizen
Access or go to http:/www.dehpay.com. Go to the
DEH tab, then in the General Search section, enter the Record Number
(printed on invoice) in the Record Number field and click Search.
Clcik on Payments, select Fees from the dropdown list, click
"Pay Fees" link, then click on "Continue with
Application" and select one of the Payment options. Online
payment instructions are available in English and Español.
- Online payments can only be made on existing permit (records) and for re-inspection fees
- Online payments can be by EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) or by credit card (Visa, Master Card)
- Public Records can also be accessed online through the Environmental Health Document Library. Public record requests can be emailed to the Public Records Program Duty Desk or faxed to (858) 505-6848. For questions please call (858) 505-6921.
- Pool and Food Facility Plan Check can be submitted online via Citizen Access by following these instructions. Should you have any questions, please call (858) 505-6660.
Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP) Plan Check can be
submitted online using the Online Hazardous Materials Questionnaire
Access, following these instructions.
- You will be asked to create a username and password and will
be able to submit information online. You will have the ability
to pay the fee online and receive a digitally stamped copy of
the Hazardous Materials Questionnaire. DEH can also refer the
information to the Air Pollution Control District (APCD) for
their review and stamp.
- OR -
- Send an electronic copy of the Hazardous Materials Questionnaire to Sayed Khalid at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once received, fee payment can be arranged online. After we’ve received your fee payment, you will receive your Hazardous Materials Questionnaire with a digital stamp.
- You will be asked to create a username and password and will be able to submit information online. You will have the ability to pay the fee online and receive a digitally stamped copy of the Hazardous Materials Questionnaire. DEH can also refer the information to the Air Pollution Control District (APCD) for their review and stamp.
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) Plan Check completed applications can be submitted to email@example.com. UST Plan Check Permit Applications can be found here and related questions can be sent to Veronica.Archer@sdcounty.ca.gov.
- Septic System Permits application forms and fees can be found here. Applications can be electronically submitted to LWQduty.DEH@sdcounty.ca.gov. For any questions on this process or to schedule an appointment, please contact the Land Use Duty Desk at (858) 565-5173.
- Water Well Permits application forms and fees can be found here. Application forms can be electronically submitted to Wells.DEH@sdcounty.ca.gov. For any questions or to schedule an appointment, please contact the Well Program Duty Desk at (858) 505-6688.
- Recycled Water Projects application forms and fees can be found here. Applications can be electronically submitted to RecycledWater.DEH@sdcounty.ca.gov. For any questions or to schedule an appointment, please contact the Recycled Water Program at (858) 565-5173.
- Voluntary Assistance Program information, application forms, and fees are online. For questions please contact the Site Assessment and Mitigation Program Duty Desk at (858) 505-6808.
- Vector Control Program services including mosquitofish pickup, insect identification and rabies testing submissions will continue.
5570 Overland Ave. Suite 102
San Diego, CA 92123
ATTN: Vector Ecologist
If you have any questions regarding this information, or for other services, please contact the following:
- Food and Housing Division: firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 505-6900
- Hazardous Materials Division: email@example.com or (858) 505-6880
- Land and Water Quality Division: LWQduty.DEH@sdcounty.ca.gov or (858) 565-5173
- Vector Control Program: firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 694-2888
Deferred Invoicing & Payment for Impacted Facilities
On October 27, 2020, the County Board of Supervisors approved to
continue to defer permit fees due dates through March 31, 2021 and
Plan Check fee waivers for the initial submittal of new construction
and remodeled food facility projects until the appropriated funds have
Deferred Permit Renewals:
The following Permit Renewal fees will continue to be deferred until March 31, 2021. If you would like to pay your annual permit prior to March 31st, you can do so at www.dehpay.com. If you need a copy of your current invoice, please contact email@example.com or (858) 505-6666. If your annual renewal month is March or later, and you have not yet paid your 2020 renewal fees, you will be assessed both 2020 and 2021 renewal fees after March 31, 2021.
- Annual Temporary Event Organizers
- Annual Temporary Event Vendors
- Body Art / Tattoo Shops
- Breweries with Food Service
- Cottage Food Operators
- Host Facilities
- Licensed Health Care Facilities
- Massage Establishments
- Mobile Food Commissaries
- Mobile Food Facilities
- Organized Camps
- Recreational Swimming Pools / Spas
Food Facility Plan Check Fee Waivers:
Plan Check fee waivers for the initial submittal of new construction and remodeled food facility projects have been extended through May 5, 2021 or until the appropriated funds have been expended. If you are submitting after November 5, 2020, and would like to check if waiver funds are still available, please contact our Plan Check Unit at (858) 505-6659. Please visit sdcountyplancheck.org for more information regarding the Plan Check process.