Community Engagement Group
- Educate/train consumers about the Planning Group’s local HIV services planning process and prepare them for and support them in increased involvement throughout the Planning Group process: committees, task forces, working groups, and other opportunities, as well as Planning Council membership.
- Serve as mentors to newly involved consumers.
- Increase the level and diversity of consumer involvement, including from under-served and under-represented populations.
- Represent the needs of all consumers, including those unable to participate in meetings.
- Provide linkages to regional and population-specific consumer groups and ensure communication between those groups and the Community Engagement Group.
- Identify and seek to overcome barriers to consumer participation.
- Provide consumer representation on Planning Group committees, task forces, etc. and ensure the flow of information from those groups to the Community Engagement Group.
- Encourage maximum consumer involvement in the Priority Setting & Resource Allocation Committee and in other established venues for the annual priority setting and budget allocations process; the Community Engagement Group will not develop a separate set of budget recommendations.
- Serve as a venue for providing consumer feedback regarding Planning Group issues (e.g., to task forces).
How to Attend:
3rd Wednesday of the month from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Members of the public may attend
in-person or virtually via Zoom.
💻 Link to Join:
Meeting ID: 837 8224 2388 Passcode: 106514
📞 Join by Phone: +1 669 444 9171 US
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities and those in need of interpreters provided with 96-hour advanced request.
✉️If you would like to receive a link to the meeting, be on the HIV Planning Group's Mailing List to receive an email prior to each meeting with the documents for that meeting, or have any other questions, please email HIV Planning Group Support at HPG.HHSA@sdcounty.ca.gov.
See below for meeting Agendas, Minutes, and other meeting materials.
Meeting materials will be archived on our website for (twelve) 12 meetings at a time. To request records older than twelve (12) months, please send an email to HPG Support Staff at HPG.HHSA@sdcounty.ca.gov.